Video Producer and Content Manager at Amazon.com
Media Production | Greater Seattle Area, US
My passion for entertainment, music, storytelling and technology fuels my contributions as an editor, writer, and producer within Film, Original and Branded Content, Games, Music Video, and Broadcast Television. I enjoy creative problem solving and producing high quality, engaging video content to delight online and broadcast audiences.
I'm comfortable collaborating creatively or working independently to get to that finish line and I enjoy getting there with a sense of humor.
◊ Video/Audio Editing, Color Correction: Avid, FCP, Premiere, Sony,Camtasia
◊ Project management- Plan, spec, and manage projects and teams from start to delivery - on time and on budget
◊ Highly motivated and resourceful team player but also an independent and creative thinker
◊ Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environments from creative trailer houses to large scale corporations
◊ Field producing and recording
◊ Shooting, lighting, producing & directing multicam shoots and voiceover sessions
◊ ¡Se Habla Español!..and some French and German
◊ Tapeless Media Workflows/large scale media management
◊ Media compression, encoding, codecs, DVD Authoring, web delivery tools (Sorenson Squeeze)
◊ Waveform monitors, signal flow, audio meters, routing, patching
◊ SAN, Avid Unity, Facilis,Blackmagic, AJA, Tricaster
◊ Microsoft Office, HTML, CMS, Writing, Adobe Dreamweaver
2015 - Present
Video Producer, Amazon Creative Services / Amazon
*Supervise the creation of original video from concept to delivery
*Manage business partner relationships and expectations
*Work closely with internal team of producers and creatives to define project requirements and creative objectives to deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error free, on time or early, on or under budget, all while meeting or exceeding creative expectations
Content Developer, Kindle Direct Publishing / Amazon
• Write, publish, improve, and maintain customer-facing and internal documentation while adhering to established style guides and tone to best represent the ‘Voice of Amazon’ for our publishers.
• Build knowledge using clear, concise, visually appealing, and customer-focused content
• Collaborate with partner teams across Amazon to advocate for and document Customer Service policies
• Manage the creation of a workflow and budget proposal to support multimedia content production for a series of educational videos and webinars
Creative Editor | Producer | Director | Post Production Specialist / Creative Consultant | Self Employed
My passion for entertainment, storytelling and technology fuels my contributions as an editor, writer, and producer within Film, Original and Branded Content, Games, Music Video, and Broadcast Television.
I'm a creative thinker who sees value in high quality production and execution of projects. I regularly attend technology webinars and enjoy networking in the Pacific Northwest film and creative community.
Senior Video Editor in the Medialab / Contract-Collabera / Collabera
Lead editor on game marketing assets, launch sizzles, in-game content, live action shoots, and incubation videos.
Northwest Operations Manager / Key Code Media
Freelance Producer | Director / Amazon
Developed, produced, and published two instructional videos assisting consumers with registering and downloading content to their Kindles during the busy holiday shopping season designed to reduce contacts.
Responsible for concept, scripting, storyboarding, securing voiceover talent, creating production and post production schedules, directing the voice talent and video shoot, and supervising and producing the editorial sessions through delivery of the final videos to web
Media Specialist (contract) / Microsoft - Creative Services / Sales and Marketing
-Managed daily operations of A/V Studio and scheduled recording sessions
-Supported our international team creating multimedia content for global distribution.
-Created multimedia content for desktop/online/DVD/portable device delivery using Microsoft Encoder, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere and Audition.
-Provided onsite/remote/roaming A/V service within campus
Media and Events Producer / Project and Production Manager / RealNetworks
Original Content Creator and Project Manager
- Producer, Editor, and Director for projects ranging from branding and marketing videos, live music and festival events, communicating corporate and PR initiatives through the creative use of visual media. Managed shoot schedules, secured freelance crews and equipment, managed budgets across those events.
- Project / Production Management for internal and external clients such as Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Rhapsody.com, T-Mobile, Earthpledge, and external creative agencies
- Video Editor -created graphics, edited and encoded content for web, live streaming, broadcast, and DVD authoring
- Managed pre-production through final delivery of digital content across the RealNetworks media properties (RollingStone.com, Rhapsody.com, Film.com, SuperPass) as well as online sponsorship programs for major brands
- Supervised on site production, created and managed production schedules, acquired and tracked assets on set.
- Educated internal clients about digital media production and workflows to meet client/sponsor expectations, budgets, and deadlines
Avid Editor-ToolBelt Diva Season 4 / Screaming Flea Productions
Edited Season 4 of a home improvement show geared towards women which aired on the Discovery Home Channel.
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Mob Scene Creative + Productions
“The Sentinel” BTS DVD documentary
Life After Film School - Season 1 for Fox Movie Channel
Freelance FCP / Avid Editor / Lauzirika Productions
Editor for the DVD Extras of the “Kingdom of Heaven”, Director’s cut DVD Box Set
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Clatter&Din, Inc.
FCP Online Additional Editor
“Absolute Evel: The Evel Knievel Story” for the History Channel
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / BET (BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc.)
Video Editor for a reality tv show called REMIXED featuring physical body and inner spirit make-overs
Junior Avid Editor / New Wave Entertainment
Junior Editor- Credits include Helter Skelter DVD extras, “Hotspot!” For E! and Style Networks, Harry Potter 3-Spanish Promo for Mexican broadcast, and a new artist promo for Jive Records/Australia.
Lead Assistant Avid Editor (TV Dept) - Prepped added value DVD documentaries and extras for finishing
Avid Unity Administrator - Managed media and permissions for over 25 offline editors. Extensive experience troubleshooting workspace and media issues when the IT/Engineering teams experienced resource crunches.
Assistant Avid Editor / mOcean
Duties included digitizing, over-cutting, uprezing, creating string outs and music cue sheets, relinking offline media, finishing preps (OMF/EDL/References), regular media maintenance and media management, working with multiple tape formats, frame rates, and frame sizes.
Freelance Avid Video Editor / Bashuba Entertainment
Freelance Avid Editor/Assistant Editor / Craig Murray Productions
Started my career as a PA / Filemaker Pro & Vault / Tape Room Guru and quickly progressed to Assistant Editor / Junior Editor for one of the big hitters in the Motion Picture Marketing world (trailers/TV/Radio)
Clients included: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, MGM, and independent studios.
• Extensive film and TV finishing experience for various delivery requirements
• Edited spec spots and first cuts for busy feature film marketing company
• Setup and maintenance for Avid Unity SAN projects
• Created and documented SOPs for Freelance editors, staff assistant editors, & producers
• Engineered voiceover and loop sessions (ISDN & In-studio)
• Supervised Avid ABVB migration to Meridien and eventually to Adrenaline systems
1st Assistant Film Editor / November The Movie
In short, this was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. Here's the nitty gritty behind this great production:
• Oversaw technical setup/troubleshooting of NLEs and consulted with crew and Skywalker Sound about creating optimal workflows from post production to final delivery.
• I was the main point of contact for reporting bugs to beta program for Avid Adrenaline systems
• Edited sound effects and music, conformed up-res shots for graphic treatment
• Provided full post support for director, editor, graphics department, and composer
Assistant Avid Editor / The Editing Room
Assistant Film Editor on short film "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
• Prepared rough cuts and elements for final edit, client review, and both offline & online sessions
• Digitized camera originals, imported and created temp graphics and titles using Photoshop for educational documentaries and short form European entertainment magazine shows
Senior Account Executive / Image Entertainment
-Maintained 50+ account base ranging from independent retailers to midsize distributors
-distributed new release, sales, credit, and customer service information to account base
-regularly informed retailers about relevant product and industry developments
Sales & Co-Op Advertising Manager / Pacific Coast One Stop
• Junior and Senior Sales representative for both domestic and international independent retailers and small record store chains
• Excelled with sales incentive programs for major and indie label music artist promotions
• Joined department as sales rep; rapidly promoted to advertising manager booking buys with national publications and radio stations
• Produced quarterly budgets & ad proposals for submission to major & independent record labels and retailers
• Generated business and press for radio stations, recording artists, publications, and nationwide one-stop accounts
Assistant Audio Engineer / Ground Control Studios
•Schedule clients for ADR, dubbing, scoring, mag transfer, and re-recording sessions
•Assist on re-recording, ADR, film scoring, and Foley sessions
Production & Stage Manager/ Live sound engineer / University of Southern California
• Pitched, marketed, and produced benefit shows and alternative music showcases for the student body
• Supervised stage, A/V crew, and lighting vendors
• Proficient with live sound consoles, outboard gear, and theatrical lighting including spot follows
• Negotiated all technical specifications and artist riders for campus productions, speakers, and benefit shows
• Primary liaison between USC and outside production vendors