Creative Video Content Manager / Writer / Editor at Amazon.com
Marketing and Advertising | Greater Seattle Area, US
I have a deep passion for storytelling in all forms from film, original and branded Content to music video. I'm a hands-on producer, director, shooter and editor and approach my work with a sense of humor, hustle, and a unflinching attention to quality.
◊ Visual storytelling
◊ Video/Audio Editing, Streaming, Color Correction: Avid, FCP, Adobe Premiere, Sony, Camtasia, Tricaster
◊ Copywriting, Music Selection, Voice Over Directing
◊ Broadcast, television, branded video, digital media, film and video production
◊ Understanding of narrative and trailer story structure, pacing, graphics, music, shot selection
◊ Directing (Live multi-cam, Interviews, and scripted / instructional) / Shooting
◊ Content Development and Strategy
◊ ¡Se Habla Español!..and some French and German
◊ Video game capture and editorial
◊ Corporate Communications
◊ Customer focused project management
◊ International production experience including localizing content across languages and cultures
◊ Creating production schedules for pre-production, production and post-production
◊ Video compression standards, codecs, aspect ratios, frame rates, HD/2K/4K workflows, web delivery tools (Sorenson Squeeze)
◊ Waveform monitors, signal flow, audio meters, routing, patching
◊ SAN, Avid Unity, Facilis,Blackmagic, AJA, Tricaster
2015 - Present
Digital Content Manager | Writer | Producer | Video Editor | Director, D1M / Amazon
>>Digital Content Manager
• Write original scripts, headlines and descriptions for videos, work with on-camera talent, and see projects through the editing process
• Supervise the creation of original video from concept to delivery
• Manage business partner relationships and expectations
• Produced and delivered over 500 animated customer-facing help videos in 14 markets and 11 different languages in one year, supporting the multinational expansion and launches for digital devices, including Kindle and Echo, digital services such as Amazon Video, as well as launching 3 pilot episodes for a new social media series reducing operational costs by reducing support requests
• Worked closely with an internal team of producers and creatives to define project requirements and creative objectives to deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error free, on time or early, on or under budget, all while meeting or exceeding creative expectations
Content Developer, Kindle Direct Publishing / Amazon.com
• Wrote, published, improved, and maintained customer-facing and internal documentation while adhering to established style guides and tone to best represent the ‘Voice of Amazon’ for our publishers
• Built knowledge using clear, concise, visually appealing, and customer-focused content
• Collaborated with business partner teams across Amazon to advocate for and document Customer Service and Operation policies
• Managed the creation of a workflow and budget proposal to support multimedia content production for a series of educational videos and webinars
Creative Editor | Producer | Director | Post Production Specialist / Creative Consultant | Freelance
My passion for entertainment, storytelling and technology fuels my contributions as an editor, writer, and producer within Film, Original and Branded Content, Games, Music Video, and Broadcast Television.
I'm a creative thinker who sees value in high quality production and execution of projects. I regularly attend technology webinars and enjoy networking and being a part of the the Pacific Northwest film and creative community.
Senior Video Editor in the Medialab / Contract-Collabera / Microsoft Game Studios
• Lead (Avid/FCP) editor on game marketing assets, launch sizzles, in-game content, live action shoots, recruiting reels, and incubation videos. Game titles included Halo 4, Gears of War, Forza 3, Flight, Minecraft.
• Directed gameplay footage capture sessions
• Revised and maintained a best practices guide for capturing gameplay from
mobile devices, desktops, tablets, game developer and retail kits
Northwest Operations Manager / Key Code Media
• Creatively implemented procedural and policy changes improving client perception and operational efficiency for the sales, product, and technical operations teams.
• Spearheaded the redesign of the front office, tech rooms, demo areas, and edit suite to improve functionality for product demos and consultations, branding, and aesthetics
Freelance Producer | Director / Amazon.com
Wrote, directed, produced, and delivered the first instructional video campaign for Kindle reducing customer contact volume and operational costs nearing 1 billion dollars during the busy holiday shopping season
Responsible for concept, scripting, storyboarding, casting, creating production and post production schedules, on-site direction
Media Specialist (contract) / Microsoft - Creative Services / Sales and Marketing
•Managed daily studio production including operating cameras, lighting green screens, editing and producing content for global distribution and training
•Supported international teams by creating multimedia content for global distribution
Video Production Manager | Producer | Video Editor | Creative Lead | Director / RealNetworks
• Shot, directed, and produced a live and on-demand music series for Rhapsody.com and RollingStone.com, generating increased ad sponsorship revenue and increased subscriber numbers
• Provided end-to-end project management from scoping to talent contracts and riders through final delivery and project execution.
• Ingested and encoded over 100 pieces of marketing content for streaming on the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) online film festival guide
Clients included the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Rhapsody.com, T-Mobile, Earthpledge, Publicis, and other creative agencies.
Freelance Avid Editor-ToolBelt Diva Season 4 / Screaming Flea Productions
Show editor for “ToolBeltDiva" Season 4,a DIY series geared towards women airing on the Discovery Home Network
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Mob Scene Creative + Productions
“The Sentinel” BTS DVD documentary
Life After Film School - Season 1 for Fox Movie Channel
Freelance FCP / Avid Editor / Lauzirika Productions
Editor for the DVD Extras of the “Kingdom of Heaven”, Director’s cut DVD Box Set
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Clatter&Din, Inc.
FCP Online Editor
“Absolute Evel: The Evel Knievel Story” for the History Channel
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Black Entertainment Television
REMIXED Reality TV show - featuring physical body and inner spirit make-overs
Junior Staff Avid Editor / New Wave Entertainment
Junior Editor- Credits include Helter Skelter DVD extras, “Hotspot!” For E! and Style Networks, Harry Potter 3-Spanish Promo for Mexican broadcast, and a new artist promo for Jive Records/Australia.
Lead Assistant Avid Editor (TV Dept) - Prepped added value DVD documentaries and extras for finishing
Avid Unity Administrator - Managed media and permissions for over 25 offline editors. Extensive experience troubleshooting workspace and media issues when the IT/Engineering teams experienced resource crunches.
Assistant Avid Editor / mOcean
Duties included digitizing, over-cutting, uprezing, creating string outs and music cue sheets, relinking offline media, finishing preps (OMF/EDL/References), regular media maintenance and media management, working with multiple tape formats, frame rates, and frame sizes.
Freelance Avid Video Editor / Bashuba Entertainment
-Video Editor for parts of the featurette
-Assistant Editor over all
-Mix and Online Supervisor
Freelance Avid Assistant and Junior Editor / Craig Murray Productions
I started my career as a Production Assistant/Tape Room Guru and quickly progressed to Assistant Editor / Junior Editor for a large theatrical advertising agency.
Clients included: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, MGM, and independent studios.
• Edited spec spots and first cuts for busy feature film marketing company
• Setup and maintenance for Avid Unity SAN projects
• Created and documented SOPs for Freelance editors, staff assistant editors, & producers
• Engineered voiceover sessions (ISDN & Studio)
• Supervised Avid ABVB migration to Meridien and eventually to Adrenaline systems
• Built film and TV finish preps for internal and external finishing facilities- Overcutting, uprezzing, EDLs/Bins, audio preps
1st Assistant Film Editor / November The Movie
In short, this was one of the most rewarding and fun experiences of my career.
In short, this was one of the most rewarding and fun experiences of my career.
• Edited sound effects and music, conformed up-res shots for graphic treatment
• Provided full post support for director, editor, graphics department, and composer
• Oversaw technical setup/troubleshooting of NLEs and consulted with crew and Skywalker Sound about creating optimal workflows from post production to final delivery.
• Reported bugs to beta program for Avid Adrenaline systems
Assistant Avid Editor / The Editing Room
Assistant Film Editor on short film "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
• Edited rough cuts and elements for final edit, client review, and both offline & online sessions
• Digitized camera originals, imported and created temp graphics and titles using Photoshop for educational documentaries and short form European entertainment magazine shows
Senior Account Executive / Image Entertainment
• Serviced 50+ accounts ranging from independent retailers to midsize distributors
• Distributed new release, sales, credit, and customer service information to account base
• Regularly informed retailers about relevant product and industry developments
Sales & Co-Op Advertising Manager / Pacific Coast One Stop
• Junior and Senior Sales representative for both domestic and international independent retailers and small record store chains
• Excelled with sales incentive programs for major and indie label music artist promotions
• Joined department as sales rep; rapidly promoted to advertising manager booking buys with national publications and radio stations
• Produced quarterly budgets & ad proposals for submission to major & independent record labels and retailers
• Generated business and press for radio stations, recording artists, publications, and nationwide one-stop accounts
Assistant Audio Engineer / Coordinator / Ground Control Studios
Created and managed bookings for ADR, dubbing, scoring, mag transfer, and re-recording sessions
Assistant Engineer on re-recording, ADR, film scoring, and Foley sessions
Live Production Manager / Sound Engineer / University of Southern California
• Pitched, marketed, and produced benefit shows and alternative music showcases
• Supervised stage, A/V and lighting crews
• Proficient with live sound consoles, outboard gear, and theatrical lighting including follow spots
• Negotiated all technical specifications and artist riders for campus productions, speakers, and benefit shows
• Budget scoping and negotiation