Video Producer / Writer at Amazon.com
Media Production | Greater Seattle Area, US
My passion for entertainment, music, storytelling and technology fuels my contributions as an editor, writer, and producer within Film, Original and Branded Content, Games, Music Video, and Broadcast Television. I enjoy creative problem solving and producing high quality, engaging video content to delight online and broadcast audiences.
I'm comfortable collaborating creatively or working independently to get to that finish line and I enjoy getting there with a sense of humor.
◊ Video/Audio Editing, Color Correction: Avid, FCP, Premiere, Sony,Camtasia
◊ Project management- Plan, spec, and manage projects and teams from start to delivery - on time and on budget
◊ Highly motivated and resourceful team player but also an independent and creative thinker
◊ Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environments from creative trailer houses to large scale corporations
◊ Field producing and recording
◊ Shooting, lighting, producing & directing multicam shoots and voiceover sessions
◊ ¡Se Habla Español!..and some French and German
◊ Tapeless Media Workflows/large scale media management
◊ Media compression, encoding, codecs, DVD Authoring, web delivery tools (Sorenson Squeeze)
◊ Waveform monitors, signal flow, audio meters, routing, patching
◊ SAN, Avid Unity, Facilis,Blackmagic, AJA, Tricaster
◊ Microsoft Office, HTML, CMS, Writing, Adobe Dreamweaver
2015 - Present
Video Producer | Content Manager, Amazon Creative Services / Amazon
• Supervise the creation of original video from concept to delivery
• Manage business partner relationships and expectations
• Work closely with internal team of producers and creatives to define project requirements and creative objectives to deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error free, on time or early, on or under budget, all while meeting or exceeding creative expectations
Content Developer, Kindle Direct Publishing / Amazon.com
• Wrote, published, improved, and maintained customer-facing and internal documentation while adhering to established style guides and tone to best represent the ‘Voice of Amazon’ for our publishers
• Built knowledge using clear, concise, visually appealing, and customer-focused content
• Collaborated with business partner teams across Amazon to advocate for and document Customer Service and Operation policies
• Managed the creation of a workflow and budget proposal to support multimedia content production for a series of educational videos and webinars
Creative Editor | Producer | Director | Post Production Specialist / Creative Consultant | Freelance
My passion for entertainment, storytelling and technology fuels my contributions as an editor, writer, and producer within Film, Original and Branded Content, Games, Music Video, and Broadcast Television.
I'm a creative thinker who sees value in high quality production and execution of projects. I regularly attend technology webinars and enjoy networking and being a part of the the Pacific Northwest film and creative community.
Senior Video Editor in the Medialab / Contract-Collabera / Microsoft Studios-IEB
Lead editor on game marketing assets, launch sizzles, in-game content, live action shoots, and incubation videos.
Northwest Operations Manager / Key Code Media
Freelance Producer | Director / Amazon.com
Wrote, directed, produced, and delivered the first instructional video campaign for Kindle resulting in reduce customer contact volume and operational costs nearing 1 billion dollars during the busy holiday shopping season
Responsible for concept, scripting, storyboarding, casting, creating production and post production schedules, on-site direction
Media Specialist (contract) / Microsoft - Creative Services / Sales and Marketing
-Managed daily operations of A/V Studio and scheduled recording sessions
-Supported our international team creating multimedia content for global distribution.
-Created multimedia content for desktop/online/DVD/portable device delivery using Microsoft Encoder, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere and Audition.
-Provided onsite/remote/roaming A/V service within campus
Media and Events Producer / Project and Production Manager / RealNetworks
Original Content Creator and Project Manager
- Producer, Editor, and Director for projects ranging from branding and marketing videos, live music and festival events, communicating corporate and PR initiatives through the creative use of visual media. Managed shoot schedules, secured freelance crews and equipment, managed budgets across those events.
- Project / Production Management for internal and external clients such as Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Rhapsody.com, T-Mobile, Earthpledge, and external creative agencies
- Video Editor -created graphics, edited and encoded content for web, live streaming, broadcast, and DVD authoring
- Managed pre-production through final delivery of digital content across the RealNetworks media properties (RollingStone.com, Rhapsody.com, Film.com, SuperPass) as well as online sponsorship programs for major brands
- Supervised on site production, created and managed production schedules, acquired and tracked assets on set.
- Educated internal clients about digital media production and workflows to meet client/sponsor expectations, budgets, and deadlines
Freelance Avid Editor-ToolBelt Diva Season 4 / Screaming Flea Productions
Edited Season 4 of a home improvement show geared towards women which aired on the Discovery Home Channel.
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Mob Scene Creative + Productions
“The Sentinel” BTS DVD documentary
Life After Film School - Season 1 for Fox Movie Channel
Freelance FCP / Avid Editor / Lauzirika Productions
Editor for the DVD Extras of the “Kingdom of Heaven”, Director’s cut DVD Box Set
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Clatter&Din, Inc.
FCP Online Additional Editor
“Absolute Evel: The Evel Knievel Story” for the History Channel
Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor / Black Entertainment Television
REMIXED Reality TV show - featuring physical body and inner spirit make-overs
Junior Staff Avid Editor / New Wave Entertainment
Junior Editor- Credits include Helter Skelter DVD extras, “Hotspot!” For E! and Style Networks, Harry Potter 3-Spanish Promo for Mexican broadcast, and a new artist promo for Jive Records/Australia.
Lead Assistant Avid Editor (TV Dept) - Prepped added value DVD documentaries and extras for finishing
Avid Unity Administrator - Managed media and permissions for over 25 offline editors. Extensive experience troubleshooting workspace and media issues when the IT/Engineering teams experienced resource crunches.
Assistant Avid Editor / mOcean
Duties included digitizing, over-cutting, uprezing, creating string outs and music cue sheets, relinking offline media, finishing preps (OMF/EDL/References), regular media maintenance and media management, working with multiple tape formats, frame rates, and frame sizes.
Freelance Avid Video Editor / Bashuba Entertainment
-Video Editor for parts of the featurette
-Assistant Editor over all
-Mix and Online Supervisor
Freelance Avid Assistant and Junior Editor / Craig Murray Productions
I started my career as a Production Assistant/Tape Room Guru and quickly progressed to Assistant Editor / Junior Editor for a large theatrical advertising agency.
Clients included: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, MGM, and independent studios.
• Edited spec spots and first cuts for busy feature film marketing company
• Setup and maintenance for Avid Unity SAN projects
• Created and documented SOPs for Freelance editors, staff assistant editors, & producers
• Engineered voiceover sessions (ISDN & Studio)
• Supervised Avid ABVB migration to Meridien and eventually to Adrenaline systems
• Built film and TV finish preps for internal and external finishing facilities- Overcutting, uprezzing, EDLs/Bins, audio preps
1st Assistant Film Editor / November The Movie
In short, this was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. Here's the nitty gritty behind this great production:
• Oversaw technical setup/troubleshooting of NLEs and consulted with crew and Skywalker Sound about creating optimal workflows from post production to final delivery.
• I was the main point of contact for reporting bugs to beta program for Avid Adrenaline systems
• Edited sound effects and music, conformed up-res shots for graphic treatment
• Provided full post support for director, editor, graphics department, and composer
Assistant Avid Editor / The Editing Room
Assistant Film Editor on short film "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
• Edited rough cuts and elements for final edit, client review, and both offline & online sessions
• Digitized camera originals, imported and created temp graphics and titles using Photoshop for educational documentaries and short form European entertainment magazine shows
Senior Account Executive / Image Entertainment
• Serviced 50+ accounts ranging from independent retailers to midsize distributors
• Distributed new release, sales, credit, and customer service information to account base
• Regularly informed retailers about relevant product and industry developments
Sales & Co-Op Advertising Manager / Pacific Coast One Stop
• Junior and Senior Sales representative for both domestic and international independent retailers and small record store chains
• Excelled with sales incentive programs for major and indie label music artist promotions
• Joined department as sales rep; rapidly promoted to advertising manager booking buys with national publications and radio stations
• Produced quarterly budgets & ad proposals for submission to major & independent record labels and retailers
• Generated business and press for radio stations, recording artists, publications, and nationwide one-stop accounts
Assistant Audio Engineer / Coordinator / Ground Control Studios
•Owned schedules for ADR, dubbing, scoring, mag transfer, and re-recording sessions
•Assist on re-recording, ADR, film scoring, and Foley sessions
Live Production Manager / Sound Engineer / University of Southern California
• Pitched, marketed, and produced benefit shows and alternative music showcases
• Supervised stage, A/V and lighting crews
• Proficient with live sound consoles, outboard gear, and theatrical lighting including follow spots
• Negotiated all technical specifications and artist riders for campus productions, speakers, and benefit shows
• Budget scoping and negotiation